Mozilla Internship: Translate Java to Python, Pt. 2

Continued from Part 1

While I began writing my package as a direct, one-to-one translation of the Java package, my package turned out to look very different.

Java and Python are, after all, very different languages. I found some methods to be unnecessary in python, and chose to not use the same design pattern as axe-selenium-java.

The Java package, written by Deque Labs, uses the Builder design pattern.

I wrote the methods used by the Builder class to be methods of the Axe class instead.

Continue reading “Mozilla Internship: Translate Java to Python, Pt. 2”

AngularJS Wikipedia Search App – Part One

Build a Wikipedia Search App With AngularJS

Part One – Get Output

In the previous post, I showed how to make unauthenticated API requests to the Wikipedia API.

In this tutorial, I’m going to rebuild the Wikipedia Search App using AngularJS.

Here’s what we’re going to start with:

// app.js

(function(){
  'use strict';

  angular.module('wikipediaApp', [])
  .constant('API_PATH', 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php')
  .controller('SearchController', SearchController);

  SearchController.$inject = ['$scope', '$http', 'API_PATH'];
  function SearchController($scope, $http, API_PATH){

  }

})();

Continue reading “AngularJS Wikipedia Search App – Part One”